After the initial uptake of Apple Maps, which replaced Google Maps with the iOS6 update, usage of the app quickly plummeted on the Snappli network.
Take a look at the stats:
- 64% of Snappli users have migrated to iOS 6 within the last few weeks (UK and US)
- Before the upgrade to iOS 6, 25% of Snappli users were viewing Google Maps at least once a day
- Once they moved to iOS 6, that immediately went to 35% of users using Apple Maps
- However, over the next 5 days that drops down to 4%
- Summary: before iOS 6 1 in 4 people were using Google maps at least once a day. After iOS 6: 1 in 25 using Apple maps and falling.
Which 3rd party map app are you using instead? Tell us in the comments section or Tweet us.